[Doc-SIG] docutils status report

Edward Welbourne Edward Welbourne <eddy@chaos.org.uk>
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:55:21 +0000 (GMT)

>> and can I use `1)' and `a)' instead of
>> `1.' and `a.' ? (as lead-in to list items)
> No. Not for any greatly fundamental reason, but because it's not in
> the original definition(s) of ST[NG].
hasty addendum:

not that I want anyone to bodge the tool into supporting 1) style as
well as 1., I just haven't yet found time to catch up with the flood of
mail on this thread, let alone the web pages (yes, I still connect (from
home) via a dial-up modem on the end of a piece of salty string), so
didn't know whether I'd caught on correctly to the bit to which I
responded; and, of course, I need to know how to mark up my doc strings ...

I'm far more interested in getting a Yes answer to
> Are we there yet?
than in being able to engage in personal-taste deviancies.

God Yul, and keep up the good work,

	Eddy.
--
				...   Few indeed are those who, travelling
it, have crossed the dark and yawning Abyss of Implementation to Delivery.