[Doc-SIG] docutils - STpy.html v0.2.2

Tony J Ibbs (Tibs) tony@lsl.co.uk
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:22:48 -0000

I'm not very good at leaving documentation to sit. This new version has
an amendment to how '>>>' blocks are indented, and (more importantly) a
proposal to use "unused" indentation to indicate *actual* indentation (a
la "blockquote" in HTML), so that (for instance)::

   This is the first paragraph.

      This is the second paragraph.

where the indentation of the second paragraph doesn't "mean" anything
terribly useful, would be rendered (in HTML) as::

instead of the rather meaningless (but obvious) default::

(yes, I know that isn't legal HTML). I'd meant to put this into the
first version of the documentation, but clean forgot (so it isn't
something cooked up "suddenly" - it's more an obvious follow-on from
trying to use a DOM tree to store the data).

The URLs are still:

  	http://www.tibsnjoan.demon.co.uk/STpy.html
  	http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tibsnjoan/STpy.html

Are we there yet?