[Doc-SIG] On David Ascher's Rant

David Ascher da@ski.org
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:12:03 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Indeed.  I was referring to the bit where you said:

> The reality, though, is that it's easier to go from XML or TeX to any
> of the many formats Python users want than it would be from
> Jim-Fulton-David-Ascher pythonic documentation format.

I apologize if I misunderstood or misquoted you.

I believe that the docstring syntax being discussed would be mappable to
some form of XML, which I think is what we all agree is a good idea, so
that the docstrings can be used to build library docs.  Please jump in if
something is apparently agreed to which would make this hard!

--david