[Doc-SIG] docstring grammar

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <irmina@ctv.es>
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:31:09 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Edward Welbourne wrote:

> Manuel: if David includes `Keyword::' in his bits and pieces, would
>
> Keyword::
>      indexing
>      keyword
>      data retrieval
>      searching
>
> (within a doc-string) contain the information you've been wanting to
> take out of your
>
> \indexaboutindexing
> \indexaboutkeyword
> \indexretrieval
> \indexsearching

No. They're completely different things. In fact there's consensus,
David insists on "bullets" for args and javadoc-ish things, and
I insist on Encyclopedia-Higher-Level-python-stuff. My system
, currently, is for marking/sorting "general" info.

> I know you have bits that define an indexing command that expands to
> several indexing commands, which this lacks: but could the same effect
> be arrived at by turning your set of indexing command definitions into
> an `expert system' that expands some keywords ?

Yes, expert system are fine, but the greatest difficulty with my
proposal is that people *must* input hundreds of attributed info if
we want to anything useful. Expert system is phase 2, when we
have to group indexes and extract info.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
 /SantisimaInquisicion/index.html

  Everything in this book may be wrong. -- Messiah's Handbook : Reminders for the Advanced Soul