[Doc-SIG] docstring grammar

Robin Friedrich friedrich@pythonpros.com
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 13:10:19 -0600

Some people on this list should remember the development days of gendoc and
it's cleaner successor pythondoc written by Dan Larsson (gosh I hope I'm not
the only one)! This thread rehashes much of what has already been discussed.
We pleaded back then for ideas/opinions/hacked code to help improve the
working code Dan wrote but got little response. I'm glad to see folks
thinking along these lines again. Please take a look at pythondoc and use it
as a starting point for a full featured documentation generator. It uses the
structured text approach for doc string parsing, and has options for either
parsing the source or importing the module to gather metadata, (the later is
necessary to document C modules).
-Robin Friedrich
See:
http://starship.python.net/crew/danilo/