[Doc-SIG] [ANNOUNCE] SantisimaInquisicion

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <irmina@ctv.es>
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 19:14:45 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Sean McGrath wrote:

> [Manuel Gutierrez Algaba]
> >
> >It happens that TeX documents are the easiest structure to represent
> >things, apart from raw .txt  A basically TeX markup is just
> >the easiest markup.
> >
> Completely subjective and unsubstantiated statements!
>

> >>   def foo():
> >>      print 'a'
> >
> >This example is too simple , it gots almost no info at all ,
> >perhaps : \indexbasicdeffunction
> >(\index{basic}\index{def}\index{function} )
> >after doing this , anyone searching  for basic things, or for
> >definitions of for functions may find the piece of code you've done,
> >your WORK is PROFITABLE now. That piece of CODE IS VALUABLE for
> >the rest of community.
>
> In my opinion, there is *NO CHANCE* that any developer would
> voluntarily add th index stuff in this example isn't it
> redundant? A text parsing tool that knows the syntax of
> Python can work out that foo is a function. There is no need
> for a programmer to spell it out in a second
> syntactic form right?

Ufffffff! This example *ONLY* tried to show David Asher that
*anything* can be documented/reused/usable using it!

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
 /SantisimaInquisicion/index.html

  Disease can be cured; fate is incurable. -- Chinese proverb