[Doc-SIG] Approaches to structuring module documentation

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:36:22 +0100

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba wrote:

> I think we must invent the wheel, or at least improve it. I don't
> like javadoc, it seems to me very low level ( type-driven ), useful
> for java, but python deserves a higher level stuff.

I don't follow. Perhaps you could give an example. Anyhow, we want to be
very careful not to stray too far into only accepting a solution that is
"best" and not the one that is good enough.

> BTW: Are you the Paul Prescod who wrote "Manual de XML" with
> Charles F. GoldFarb . Prentice  Hall and... ?

Well, I will admit to being the co-author of the XML Handbook. I will
decide my relationship to "Manual de XML" when you tell me how good the
translation was. :)

It's such a
Bore
Being always