[Doc-SIG] More about indexing, Propaganda and Crazy Wishes

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <irmina@ctv.es>
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 20:21:20 +0000 (GMT)

I think it's important to recall that :
"make life to the helpers makes many helpers to join"
"the easier is to help, the more helpers will be"

So here are more general points:
The ideal world for the helper would be the occasional ( almost
at random), anonymous and in his own language documentation.

This is possible. The idea came to me , thinking about TeEncontreX,
( starting to be sick of that name ? :) ). If you have downloaded
it, you'd realise that the amount of files ( up to 700 ) is huge...
But as basically AnalizaToo.py creates a database, it'd be
not difficult to use it as a CGI script, and create the files
on the fly. But you can have the inverse, you can present
a random piece of document ( ideally a robot would extract it
at random from the doc, perhaps looking for unattributed pieces
of info ) and then ask the user to attribute it, the way he wanted
to.

You can handle different languages markup. Thinking about Fred Drake
, I realise that he really deserved an English version of AnalizaToo.py
but I don't want to do low level file-editing, so I have done
a script , available in ...well you know where. Its name is
translations.py . This very small, trivial thing may be used
with \indexl... stuff, ...

BTW, I've released a new version of TeEncontreX : 1.1 . 30 % more
of data. And it's me alone!

If we can make things easier enough for the people to contribute
we can make them contribute massively and have all python documented
in a matter of weeks!

Make it easy, and it'll be easy done.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
-------------
My addresses / mis direcciones:
a="www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina"
b=[("Lritaunas Peki Project", ""),
   ("Spanish users of LaTeX(en Espanyol)", "/pyttex.htm" ),
   ("page of drawing utility for tex ", "/texpython.htm" ),
   ("CrossWordsLand","/cruo/cruo.html")
   ]
for i in b:
  print i[0],":", a+i[1]

  You can never tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks.