[Doc-SIG] Undocumented modules update.

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 16:34:40 +0300 (IDT)

(I commented a bit on Guido's comments)

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> >              curses
> 			Important, deserves to be documented

I'm working on it. Hopefully I'll have it complete today.

> >              dl
> 			A bit dangerous and platform specific,
> 			but worth documenting for those that need it

Fred already has my docs for that one, but (rightly!) wants to go
over it himself.

> >            grep
> 			Useful enough, but more deserving of being
> 			a Demo or Tool

Especially since it uses the old regex, and from a preliminary look
I'm not at all sure how to convert it to "re".

> >              htmlentitydefs
> 			Deserves documentation (is it up-to-date?)

This module is pretty trivial:
------------------cut here--------------------
# Proposed entity definitions for HTML, taken from
# http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec_14.html

entitydefs is a dictionary mapping entity names to characters.
------------------cut here--------------------
(Should be LaTeXed, of course, but doesn't seem like a big deal)

> >              packmail
> 			A simple "shar archive" creator
> 			which probably should become a tool or demo

And in any way, Fred has my docs for it, in case it doesn't.

> >            rlcompleter
> 			Very cool code that ought to be documented
> 			(and cross-referenced with the readline
> 			module)

I couldn't find any documentation for the readline module either.
Huh???
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka@geocities.com>.
#!/usr/bin/tail -1