[Doc-SIG] Sort order in pythondoc

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:34:16 +0200

When I create documentation with pythondoc, I get all classes in a
module sorted alphabetically by name. In most cases that's not at all
what I want; I'd prefer to have them in the same order as in the
source code. That would prevent trivial subclasses to appear before
their base classes, for example.

Unfortunately, I don't see any way to do this, because it seems that
the source code order is lost after a module is imported. Or maybe
not, I am not an expert on Python internals. Does anyone know a
trick how this information could be recovered?

Konrad.