[Doc-SIG] Undocumented modules

skip@mojam.com (Skip Montanaro) skip@mojam.com (Skip Montanaro)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:57:13 -0500 (EST)

    Fred> skip@mojam.com writes:
    >> I think there's a logic bug.  The posixpath module is documented at
    >>
    >> http://www.python.org/doc/lib/module-posixpath.html

    Fred> No, that's left over from the previous version of the
    Fred> documentation; I'll remove it... done.

What's wrong with the old (1.5.1?) version of the posixpath documentation?
Did it change so much between 1.5.1 and 1.5.2 that it has to be rewritten?
I must be missing something pretty basic.

    Fred> ERRNO is not sucked into errno.  The identity match for small
    Fred> integers is due to the small integers cache maintained internally to
    Fred> Objects/intobject.c as a performance improvement.

Yup, my bad.  Okay, so errno is documented, but ERRNO isn't, yet they seem
to contain much the same contents.  What's the difference?

    Fred> I'd like to see modules that consist only of constants for use
    Fred> with other modules folded into those modules and removed.  If the
    Fred> module is something that the user is expected to import, it should
    Fred> be documented, even if trivially:

Good point.  That would work for SOCKET, but the errno/ERRNO overlap still
confuses me.

Skip