[Doc-SIG] Documenting Asyncore

Christopher G. Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:57:09 -0500

OK, so I talked with Sam about this, and he's written some pretty good
introductory material... but here's the thing... USING asyncore and
asynchat requires a brain adjustment for most people, which seems to be
outside the realm of the reference manual, so how to deal with this?
Should I just document the class and ignore the issue of ideology?  I
know, this is a great topic for a HOWTO, and I'm meaning to reformat
Sam's introduction into one, but... that doesn't fix the library manual.

Also, I was thinking... perhaps there should be a way to note that
there's something in the source code INTENTIONALLY undocumented that
might be of trivial use to someone maybe oneday?  DOn't know... there's
some things in asyncore like that, you might be interested, but...

Chris