[Doc-SIG] docstring grammar

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba irmina@ctv.es
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 00:24:41 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Jack Jansen wrote:
> Recently, "Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org> said:
>
> >   Guido agrees with me on this one, sorry: it must be extractable from=20=
> >
> > the parse tree.  Evaluation of module code is a *huge* no-no; we
> > should be able to run documentation tools on unknown (=3D=3D untrusted)=
> >
> > code.
>
> If this is indeed agreed upon by everyone (even if only for the reason
> that Our Benevolent Dictator Says So) it makes the discussion quite a
> bit simpler, as various of the things people proposed over the last
> few days failed the no-execution test.

There's a safe execution test.
Using eval(docstring, safe_functions, safe_functions)

safe_functions are simply methods of a class, and classes that
do not anything at all but gathering info. Hold a minute(or a day)
and you'll have a cohesive response no-parse-tree-like.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
 /SantisimaInquisicion/index.html

  You will always find something in the last place you look.