[Doc-SIG] XML Conversion Update

Edward Welbourne Edward Welbourne <eddyw@lsl.co.uk>
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:01:50 +0100

> ... offering encouragement that this is great news, definately the
> right direction, and I will definately utilize this for my own stuff.

Three Cheers for Fred !

As a matter of clarification ... supposing we take any one of the three
options (DocBook, inertia, revolution), they'll all be parsed down to
XML, so: to what extent can we rely on being able to generate DocBook
*from* the XML we've produced using either of the other options ?  After
all, XML to XML translations are supposed to all be natural and easy.

If that'll be easy, we can get all of the benefits of DocBook out of
either of the others.  Me, I'm naturally predisposed towards interesting
times, so I go for revolution every time: and I trust this community to
produce a nice simple way of marking up text that I'll be happy to use
as soon as I have some documentation to write.  KISS,

	Eddy.
--
Keep It Straightforward, Simpleton.