[Doc-SIG] SGML Python docs

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 17:04:22 -0400 (EDT)

Cees de Groot writes:
 > check the archives nor the code that's relevant...): I'd favour XML generation
 > with a simple XML DTD (containing element definitions for boldface, italic,
 > code, ordered and unordered list, basically HTML--). Include with Python a

  Combining the "book" style documents with docstring-based
documentation is probably a non-starter; I'm not at all convinced that
it would be any more useful than the current situation.  Good
docstrings and good reference documentation are not necessarily
related.  Docstrings should remain a very simple, text-only format,
whereas I expect much more from the book-style manuals.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191