[DOC-SIG] Python Library Reference in new HTML form

Laurence Tratt tratt@dcs.kcl.ac.uk
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:05:08 +0000

>> I'm not averse to using "_" although I think hard spaces
>> are a little easier on the eye if your OS supports them. Perhaps two
>> different versions, one with hard spaces and one with "_" should be
>> included, or would people prefer just a dashed version?
> Why should one have to look at the filenames?

Because it can give you a very good clue as to what page you are
going to be whisked off to. Say if your cursor is over xrange, which
will be a link in most circumstances, most people won't know that
it's a built in function, but if you look at the link in name, it'll
say:

  "...Built-in functions/xrange.html"

which gives the game away :)

Laurie