[DOC-SIG] Python Library Reference in new HTML form

Edward Welbourne Edward Welbourne <eddyw@lsl.co.uk>
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 20:16:45 GMT

> 1) On my screen, I had to make the netscape window very big to see the
>    four columns of the index.html page.  I'm not sure what the right
>    solution to that is.

Ah yes. This is what the DIR list in HTML is for.  Pity none of the
browser authors have cared to honour it.  With tables you have to say
how many columns you want: but DIR could sensibly be understood to allow
the user agent to chose how many columns to have, based on available
space &c., rather as ls does.

Sadly, knowing that The Right solution is DIR still doesn't help find a
right solution (without capitals).

	Eddy.