[DOC-SIG] Re: What does this mean for Python?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 12:25:10 +0100

> Time to run hamlet.xml through validation and grove building via SAX:
>
>  Parser		1st	2nd	3rd	Avg
> xmllib.py	50.1    48.4	49.8	49.4
> xmlproc.py	40.8	39.4	39.5	39.9
> xp.java		1.49	1.43	1.43	1.45
> dxpcl.java	14	-	-	14

Lars, could you make your timing scripts available? Just for fun I ran
hamlet.xml through James Clark's xmltok (or, actually, through the xmlwf
program that comes with it), and it clocks at 0.07 seconds on my SGI O2 (180
Mhz R5000).

Since the API appears pretty pythonizeable this appears to be a nice
groundwork to start getting better performance for python/xml...
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm