[DOC-SIG] What does this mean for Python?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 13:10:22 +0100

>1) SAX driver for xmllib
>2) xmlproc uses SAX natively instead of using a driver, although it
>   will probably need to add some things beyond SAX later
>
>That gives us well-formedness-checking and a simple standardized
>event-based API.
>
>Building on that I'd planned on making:
>
>1) A simple ESIS outputter, for demo/testing purposes.
>2) A grove builder, eventually with DOM support, although there are
>   things I dislike about DOM.
>3) A validator.
>
>I also wanted to be able to have groves, validation or both.

> What say ye, good people?

Ouch, my head hurts.  Does anyone have a good reference (website,
book, whatever) to recommend that covers all important aspects of
XML and stuff like groves, validations, and all the related acronyms?

Cheers /F