[Doc-SIG] Documentation tool

Mark Hammond MHammond@skippinet.com.au
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:32:39 +1000

Before I reply to this whole thing in detail :-)

>I still dislike the idea of placing HTML directly in the body to
provide
>either markup (<B><I>) or references. (javadoc is way too HTML
oriented for
>my taste) I like the gendoc standards for this; i.e. **words** and
*words*
>and the .. href expansions at the bottom. So I guess we would have
a mixed
>bag but not to the point of irritation.  Is this a good compromise?

It should be noted that (all?) early versions of autodoc had never
heard of HTML - well, at least did not output it.

Certainly, the autodoc tool I use still does not support HTML (and
probably never will) - the <B> tag is a generic "bold" tag that in
my case, maps to WinHelp's bold command.

We could just view some of the tags as being a coincidence they are
similar to HTML...

The particular tool I use happens to use "<" for tag delimiters, and
shares one or 2 with HTML (B and I being about it).  Apart from that
it is not at all like HTML.

Mark.