[Doc-SIG] Documentation tool

Daniel Larsson Daniel.Larsson@vasteras.mail.telia.com
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 19:54:28 +0200

Hi everyone,

I recently spent some time rewriting gendoc from scratch, trying to
incoprorate some of the ideas I, Robin and some people on this group
sketched out. I've only just started, so you won't find any working
code, but I've put up a snapshot at

  http://starship.skyport.net/crew/danilo/pythondoc/pythondoc.zip

There's also an HTML page trying to describe what I've done at

  http://starship.skyport.net/crew/danilo/pythondoc/pythondoc.html

If you are interested in this, and have some spare time :-), please
give it a glance and contribute your ideas, suggestions, code, whatever.

We discussed cross references a couple of months ago, which I haven't
started implementing yet. There are some issues I'd like people's
opinions/ideas on. One of the ideas that popped up was an extensible
crossreference model, which sounds great. One of the issues is how
the cross reference modules and the formatters (extensions generating
docs in various formats) should communicate.

Also, I'd like people's opinions on what information should go into
the abstract doctree. Take a look at the "output.txt" file in the
.zip file. At the end is the doctree dumped in a XML-like format.

I might not be as responsive as I'd like over the weekend, since we're
celebrating midsummer's eve tomorrow here in Sweden... :-)

/Daniel Larsson