[DOC-SIG] Status of documentation effort?

Marc Poinot poinot@onera.fr
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 16:40:44 +0100

> >For the point [1], I guess the import is for the doc generation.
> >But this implies two set of files, the code and the doc. Can we
> >imagine to have a simple (raw dumb textual) description of
> >the services of a class using a self-builting method in the
> >module itself?  (?? !)    ?
> I don't think that will be as practical as having a tool to run over
> your source tree.
I'd like something self contained (as thin as possible).
I think it's better to avoid to require a package which
requires a package, which requires a package...
I mean something like:

Python 1.4 (Jun 25 1997) [C]
>>> import HTgenML
>>> HTgenML.public()

...stuff...

> >> Render sub-packages for: HTMLgen2/CSS1, XML/XSL, WinHelp, MIF, text,
> >> etc.
> >etc=LaTeX
> OK you just volunteered;-) for the LaTeX renderer.

No, no, I was kidding, crucifixion... of course!
Why not, I can be a base class,
and you may find more specialized LaTeX user than me later ;)

Marcvs [alias TODO: read Python tutorial, LaTeX tutorial,
        HTMLgen tutorial, Berlitz English tutorial, doc-sig archive!]