[DOC-SIG] Library reference manual debate

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 17:59:30 +0100

> The difference will be that when using TIM, we're encouraging Python
> hackers to extend our tool set, while when using SGML, we're
> encouraging SGML hackers to extend our tool set.  I won't try to guess
> which type of hacker is predominant in the world at large; but in the
> Python community, I'd say there's no doubt :-)

Well, I'd guess that few Python hackers work on text markup languages
and formatting engines, and of those who to do, quite a few seems to
be working with SGML:

	http://www.w3.org/XML/9705/hacking
	http://www.sil.org/sgml/mcgrathParseDesc.html

and so on...

Since I'm working on SGML/XML for our company's projects, at least I
would much rather contribute to an SGML/XML based effort, than to
hack on TIM. Others milage may vary, as usual ;-)

Cheers	/F