[PYTHON DOC-SIG] gendoc, etc.

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 16:15:08 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the pointers.

I'd recommend that gendoc complain if one uses the -d option without the
appropriate directory existing (or create it automatically).  Right now
it dies with an uninformative error message.

[should I submit patches instead of bugreports?]

Thanks.  It now works at least mostly. =)

What's the right markup for including sample code in a docstring?

I tried just adding the word example on the line before, but that doesn't
always work.  E.g., in code like the following EXAMPLE:

	def foo():
		do something

		do something else

it reverts out of example mode after the blank line (but only within a
def?).

Also, the following second paragraph is not detected as being code:

   in other words one could do the following and plugin whatever
   Estimator object one wanted to, as in the following example:

   bestGuessAtThresh = 10.0
   ISI = 300
   validresponse = KeySet('y', 'n')

Is there a 'moral equivalent' to \begin{verbatim} or <PRE>? =)

Thanks.  This is shaping up.