[PYTHON DOC-SIG] Documentation enhancements

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 23:22:44 -0500 (EST)

> I don't like writing documentation much, and indexing is the most
> boring part of documentation :-(  So any help here would be
> appreciated.  The best way to index, I've been told, is for someone to
> make a separate pass over the complete text when it's finished.
> (However, O'Reilly did this for PP and the resulting index in the
> first printing is considered somewhat lacking by most.)

In this case, it might be possible to use technology -- we could ask the
python-list readers (and tchrist, why not =) to email a list of terms they
would want to an automatic email processing system which could remove
duplicates -- it might yield some 'collective insight' -- I especially
think that the input of novices is most useful for this kind of thing
(assuming that the input of experts is included as a matter of course).

> The Tkinter lifesaver, if someone can be bothered to upgrade it to Tk
> 4.x.  I think NumPy and PIL are a bit too specialized.

Agreed -- I think that whoever added 15 pages to the Tkinter lifesaver
would make a lot of people very happy (and I mean a little more than just
Tk 4.x compatibility).  Don't look at me -- I got a dissertation to write,
and then some...

--david