[PYTHON DOC-SIG] HTMLgen and gendoc

Bill Janssen janssen@parc.xerox.com
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 12:04:06 PDT

Excerpts from ext.python: 11-Sep-96 [PYTHON DOC-SIG] HTMLgen an.. Robin
Friedrich@rose.rso (526)

> In order to illustrate the results of gendoc 0.6 we've unpacked the
> HTMLgen online documentation on the python server so you can browse
> it directly. When you get there, click the Manual button to spawn a
> new browser with the framed manual autogenerated with gendoc's HTMLgen
> formatter module.

> http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig/HTMLgen/html/main.html

Hmmm, not good.  I go to my Emacs, type "M-x w3-fetch
http://www.python.org/sigs/web-sig/HTMLgen/html/main.html", and see
nothing.  Frames are not supported by several useful browsers; I'd like
to see a solution which doesn't use them.

Bill