[PYTHON DOC-SIG] Re: [PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Alpha release of new tutorial for 1.0a5

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Wed, 06 Nov 1996 13:53:10 -0500

> For most of the python modules, I think TIM would be good enough.
> For the scientific extensions which are bound to arrive in droves =),
> it'd be nice to have one which allowed math like LaTeX, but also
> allowed it to be displayed in HTML form.

One short-term solution would be to use conditional inclusion.  I
believe texinfo supports this -- you can have one version of a
paragraph/sentence/word for one back-end (e.g. TeX), and another for
the others.  I *think*...