[PYTHON DOC-SIG] hello?

Richard Jones richard.jones@bom.gov.au
Thu, 08 Feb 1996 04:44:16 GMT

	OK, I've been in this SIG for a whole day now!
	Can I expect any traffic?  I guess I'm kinda used to Matrix-SIG :)

Questions:
	1. Is there any significant difference b/w 1.2 and 1.3 docs?  I printed a
whole swag of 1.2 docs and am loathe to redo the lot...
	2. If I produce a diff on the LaTeX source for various bits of the Lib
doc (for example), who should I give it to so it'll be used?
	3. What's happening wrt. a standard document format?  The intro refers to
Linuxdoc and a suggestion by Bill Janseen.  Where can I obtain information
on the latter?

	Please, if these are obvious/common questions, then don't hesitate to
email directly to me...

	I'm specifically interested in producing up-to-date doc for some of the
Library reference sections -- time for one example (detail is required -
this one looks like it was thrown together), and regex another (what
exactly _is_ a regular expression - I had to learn through trial & error
.. and hassling friends).  I'd also like to `finish' anywhere else it
refers the reader to the `C function of the same name'.  This is mostly
for my own use - I'm sick and tired of having to look up C references and
manual pages when the information could all be in one place...

	I have _some_ spare time to devote to this.  But I'd like to know that it
wouldn't be pointless...

		Richard

Richard Jones,  Satellite Section at the Bureau of Meteorology, Australia.
MIME and PGP accepted.                         Work phone: +61-3-9669-4539