[PYTHON DOC-SIG] Bill Janssen suggested...

Ken Manheimer klm@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 18:42:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Bill Janssen wrote:

> The missing part is a generalization of the specific tools we've written
> for ILU.  Right now, a Perl script translates our ILU-specific markup
> into the texinfo generic markup, with the translations hard-wired into
> the script.  This should be re-written as a Python program which takes
> arbitrary macro definitions of the form
>
> 	@macro		<string1>		<string2>
>
> which means ``translate the markup @<string1>{foobar} into
> @<string2>{foobar}'', and simply replaces them.  So the documentation

As i recall, after the third conference we were pretty sold on going with
TIM, but didn't get anywhere with it because noone resolved this step.  It
sounds like we're getting stopped by a small thing - if only someone
had time to take on this task.  !

Ken Manheimer		klm@cnri.reston.va.us	    703 620-8990 x268
	    (orporation for National Research |nitiatives

	# If you appreciate Python, consider joining the PSA #
		  # <http://www.python.org/psa/>. #