[Distutils] Warehouse is in beta

Sumana Harihareswara sh at changeset.nyc
Mon Mar 26 12:01:13 EDT 2018

As of today, the new Python Package Index at pypi.org, powered by
Warehouse, is in beta. What does that mean?

>From https://pypi.org/help/#beta :

The site is robust, but not *fully* tested and 'production ready'. This
means:

* The UI may return unusual or erroneous results
* Performance may not yet be optimised
* Some features that you used in the old interface (pypi.python.org) may
be missing
* We need your feedback to get the site production ready

While we are in beta, the pypi.org infrastructure cannot yet support all
of the API traffic generated by our users running pip install, so don't
explicitly point to it in automated production setups. But we want you
to try it and test it, and we're occasionally redirecting portions of
that traffic in load tests we announce on our status page.

Uploads, search, and release management are working well, and project
maintainers and owners should use this version of PyPI over the legacy
site, which no longer supports uploading releases.

More at
https://pyfound.blogspot.com/2018/03/warehouse-all-new-pypi-is-now-in-beta.html
. Congrats and thanks to the team, and onwards to the next milestone
(see https://wiki.python.org/psf/WarehouseRoadmap ), the launch and
redirect!

--
Sumana Harihareswara