[Distutils] PEPs 426 & 459 (metadata 2.0) have been Withdrawn

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 06:25:38 EST 2018

With PEP 566 (metadata 2.1) nearing final review and acceptance, I've
updated the PEPs repo to officially withdraw PEPs 426 and 459 in
favour of PEP 566:
https://github.com/python/peps/commit/0977d33b02920d4619c024b64e35a693220cc3cf

I also reverted any mentions of metadata 3.0 in PEP 426: that's now
back to referring solely to the never-adopted metadata 2.0.

So while we may still revisit some of the specific ideas in 426 and
459 in future PEPs, any such proposals will share PEP 566's focus on
ease of implementation and adoption.

Cheers,
Nick.