[Distutils] providing a way for pip to communicate extra info to users

Dwight Hubbard dhubbard at oath.com
Wed Apr 11 15:16:29 EDT 2018

It would be useful as well for sites that run their own mirror
infrastructure to be able to add motd text to the pip commands as well.

However I don't think this should be implemented via the response code from
a call to some rest api.  It would be trivial to proxy the call to a
different location and send a different message.  Any implementation would
need some way to sign and verify the message as authentic.

Dwight Hubbard
Python Language Guy
M: 408-646-9444