[Distutils] Facing a strange issue while uploading my package using devpi

Vinay Sharma vinays75 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 19:38:09 EDT 2018

Here are the answers to your questions and some new insights which I found
today :-
a) This problem happens during the Jenkins Job only. I tried the build
steps manually on my local code base (which were exactly same as my Jenkins
Job) and it uploaded the distribution file perfectly.
b) The "application distribution" that I am trying to upload is a sdist
file. Till few days back this Jenkins job used to run fine and upload the
"application package perfectly" but suddenly from last week started getting
this 'PKGINFO' missing error there has not been any change related to
application packaging.
c) Following is the result of the steps which Dustin suggested (This tar
file was generated by Jenkins Job)

*******
import pkginfo

print(pkginfo.get_metadata('/users/user1/my_application.tar.gz'))

******

output <pkginfo.sdist.SDist object at 0x7f8cb001b390>

d) After untar of my_application.tar.gz which was build using Jenkins Job I
see the PKG-INFO file at the root folder.

One small point (not sure if this is even valid or not). The Error which I
get from Jenkins is this "my_application.tar.gz: does not contain PKGINFO,
skipping" , if you look at what it complains is "PKGINFO" note it does not
have "-" between the word "PKG" and "INFO" can this be a problem? But again
there has been no change in the application packaging but you never know :-)

Regards

-Vinay