[Distutils] Introducing PyPIContents

Freddy Rietdijk freddyrietdijk at fridh.nl
Tue May 30 05:27:31 EDT 2017

This looks very nice. The readme states that monkeypatching is used to
extract this info from the `setup()` call. Is `setup.cfg` also taken into
account?

What would it take to split of this part into a separate module/package so
that we have one function taking a source directory and returning the
contents of that call? I would be very interested in extracting not just
available modules but also dependencies.