[Distutils] Provisionally accepting PEP 517's declarative build system interface

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun May 28 23:40:31 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

I am hereby provisionally accepting PEP 517 as our CLI independent
interface for build backends, allowing interested parties to move
forward with implementing it as part of pip and other tools.

As with other provisionally accepted PyPA interoperability
specifications, it won't be considered completely settled until it has
been implemented and released in pip and we have at least one
iteration of end user feedback.

Thanks to Nathaniel & Thomas for their work on the PEP, and to
everyone that participated in the related discussions!

Regards,
Nick.