[Distutils] On vendoring binaries and headers with pypi packages

Sylvain Corlay sylvain.corlay at gmail.com
Mon May 15 18:07:17 EDT 2017

OK thanks!

I want to create a pypi package for xtensor and xtensor-python, and would
like it to place the headers in the same location as with the conda package
or Debian packages.

(Which are essentially built with a regular
`cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=PREFIX; make install`)

The conda package puts things under `CONDA_PREFIX/include/xtensor[-python]`
and the Debian package `/usr/include/xtensor[-python]`.

It seems that wheel's data_files can achieve that very simply, and was
wondering if there was any drawback in this approach.

Sylvain