[Distutils] GSoC 2017 - Request for Comments on Proposal

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 13:32:53 EDT 2017

On 25 March 2017 at 15:44, Pradyun Gedam <pradyunsg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone!
>
> I had previously sent a mail on this list, stating that I would like to work
> on pip's dependency resolution for my GSoC 2017. I now have drafted a
> proposal for the same; with help from my mentors - Donald Stufft and Justin
> Cappos. I'd also take this opportunity to thank them for agreeing to be my
> mentors for this GSoC.
>
> I would like to request for comments on my proposal for GSoC - it is hosted
> at https://gist.github.com/pradyunsg/5cf4a35b81f08b6432f280aba6f511eb.
>
> Please find trailing a MarkDown version of the proposal.

Hi Pradyun,
Your proposal looks pretty impressive - well structured and thought
out. I've looked through it and the plans seem reasonable - I've
looked more at what you're proposing than at the timescales, but your
staged approach seems sensible - if you do hit issues with time, it
looks like you'll be able to deliver real improvements even if you
don't complete everything, which is fantastic.

Best of luck - assuming you complete all the work you've planned, it
will be a significant benefit to pip. If I can be of any help, with PR
reviews or anything similar, feel free to ping me.

Paul