[Distutils] Provide separate development and documentation URLs in PyPI metadata?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 21:33:17 EDT 2017

On 25 June 2017 at 03:51, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> It's only kind of mandatory. The spec says it is but nothing fails IIRC if you omit it. Perhaps we should just deprecate it and move everything to project urls.

That's the direction I was going in PEP 426/459:
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0459/#project-urls

The two missing pieces I now see would be recommended tags for
"Participate" and "Funding" URLs.

I'd favour "Participate" over any variant of "Contribute", as without
context, "Contribute" makes me think of financial support in the
crowdfunding/tip jar sense.

"Funding" is general enough to be suitable for crowdfunding/tip jar
links, freelancing/contracting links, and links to employer/sponsor
open source info pages.

Cheers,
Nick.