[Distutils] Maintenance of the "wheel" package

Alex Grönholm alex.gronholm at nextday.fi
Tue Jul 25 06:02:02 EDT 2017

Looking at the commit history, the maintenance of "wheel" has more or
less stalled since 2016. I would like to volunteer myself as a
co-maintainer of this project, if allowed. Here's my list of things I
would like to do with it:

  * Move the project from Bitbucket to the PyPA organization on Github
  * Add a setup() keyword (and documentation for it) for license_file
    (currently only usable via the deprecated [metadata] section in
    setup.cfg)
  * Refactor the test suite to make better use of py.test
  * Clean up code style for PEP 8 compliance