[Distutils] Fwd: Re: PEP 517 again

xoviat xoviat at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 00:17:53 EDT 2017

I'm *not* OK with banning in-tree builds in the spec, since that's
both unnecessary and unenforceable

Well then either we can trust the backend or we cannot. If we can, then
this is both necessary and enforceable. If not, then we're back to pip
copying files. You can't make and argument that it's okay to trust
build_sdist but not build_wheel.