[Distutils] Mirroring PyPI JSON Locally

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 10:51:41 EDT 2017

On Sunday, August 20, 2017, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19 August 2017 at 23:03, Wes Turner <wes.turner at gmail.com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > Here are some notes re: changing metadata:
>
> I thought the proposal was to document the current state of affairs.

There are links to the current PEPs and source codes in there, too.

> Proposing a *change* to the JSON API would be a much bigger and more
> controversial proposal (and one I see little need for, personally).

We'd probably want to review how the dependency resolver work is going.

https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/988#issuecomment-322255801

https://pradyunsg.github.io/gsoc-2017/08/14/final-lap/

IIUC, the task is still to:
Download transitive portions of a [linked data] graph as JSON[LD]
(optimally without iteratively downloading and decompressing package
archives in order to retrieve their platform-dependent dependency edge
metadata from a setup.py that is executed with filesystem privileges).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pip_(Great_Expectations)