[Distutils] PEP 513: A Platform Tag for Portable Linux Built Distributions Version

Robert T. McGibbon rmcgibbo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 23:37:59 EST 2016

I agree that this is an important detail. I generally use machines that
have many different Python interpreters installed (some distro-provided and
others in my home directory), and can easily imagine wanting them to have
different behavior w.r.t. manylinux1 wheels.

Perhaps the option could be put in site.py, or somewhere in
lib/pythonX.Y/configX.Y/? I'm not sure what the appropriate solution here
is.

-Robert