[Distutils] draft PEP: manylinux1

Robert McGibbon rmcgibbo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 05:02:57 EST 2016

Another wrinkle: it also should be possible, I think, for wheels to include
binaries that are linked against shared libraries that are provided by other
wheels (that are part of the  install_requires), but I haven't thought much
about this. I know Nathaniel has been thinking about this type of thing for
a separate BLAS wheel package that, for example, numpy could depend
on.

I assume that this type of thing should be kosher within the manylinux1
policy, although the text of the draft PEP does not definitely address it.

-Robert