[Distutils] PEP 527 - Removing Un(der)used file types/extensions on PyPI

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:10:43 EDT 2016

The funny thing about a feature like the manual download link is that no,
99.99% of the time it is not useful, but when you need it, you probably
really need it. Probably to debug an issue with pip, or to grab a package
pip would not normally download for your platform, or to make sure
something has been uploaded correctly. I would not be surprised if the
upload feature gets even less use than the manual downloads.