[Distutils] Missing IPv6 support on pypi.python.org

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Sun Nov 8 15:04:42 EST 2015

Hi,

pypi.python.org is currently not reachable over IPv6.

I know this issue was brought up before [1,2].  This is a real issue for
us, because our backend servers are IPv6-only (clients never need to talk
to backend servers, they go through IPv4-enabled HTTP frontends).

So, deploying packages from pypi on the IPv6-only servers is currently a
pain.  What is the roadmap to add IPv6 support?  It seems that Fastly has
already deployed IPv6 [3].

Thanks,
Baptiste

[1] https://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2014-June/024465.html