[Distutils] it's happened - wheels without sdists (flit)

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 17:41:39 CEST 2015

On 30 March 2015 at 16:34, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> The current toolchain absolutely has some problems, but I’m not convinced
> that shuffling around the same data into different locations is the answer
> to those problems.

Moving the data to a location that isn't Turing-complete would be a
benefit. Changing the processing backend to something different once
the declarative UI is in common use would be a lot easier than where
we are now. Even a 90% solution would be worthwhile here - we don't
*have* to cater for every use case in one go.

Paul