[Distutils] Last call for feedback: PEP 440 exclusive ordered comparison fix

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 03:49:58 CET 2015

On 31 December 2014 at 13:52, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Donald is keen to get the updated versions of packaging/pip/setuptools out
> that fix the regression in handling exclusive ordered comparison, so this
> is a last call for feedback on those changes before we publish the updated
> version of the PEP to python.org (and then update the tools accordingly).
>
> Given the proximity to New Year's celebrations, I currently plan to
> publish the updated version some time on Saturday 3rd January (UTC+10).

The PEP 440 updates based on user feedback on the recent setuptools and pip
releases have now been pushed to python.org:
https://hg.python.org/peps/rev/289dbffc16ed

There are couple of other minor clarifications still to be made, and some
existing clarifications that need to be noted in the changelog, but all
currently anticipated semantic updates are included now.

Regards,
Nick.