[Distutils] namespace_package

KP patter001 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 07:17:58 EST 2015

yes, both of those statements are true.

However, with the namespace_packages = ['foo'], the
lib\site-packages\foo\__init__.py does not get installed (even though it is
in the source tree). Instead there's just a dir with "foo/bar/__init__.py"
and "foo/blah/__init__.py". I will try to look in the "wheel" side of
things next I guess. Perhaps pip is doing something since it seems to
install even source distributables by first converting to a wheel.