[Distutils] Metadata 2.0: Is there a formal spec for a requirement?

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Tue Sep 16 19:07:48 CEST 2014

> On Sep 16, 2014, at 1:02 PM, Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> While on the topic of specs, I'm curious to know what the specification status is for other elements in the packaging landscape, such as Warehouse or Twine - are there any PEPs specifying anything new that they do over existing PyPI/distutils, or is there nothing new over and above existing code other than (no doubt improved) reimplementation of existing functionality?

Warehouse is currently focused on reimplementation with the future being standization and spec work for new stuff.

Twine uses the same APIs as distutils does on PyPI, but it A) Verifies TLS and B) enables uploading an already built distribution instead of mandating that you build it and upload at the same time.

---
Donald Stufft