[Distutils] Call for information - What assumptions can I make about Unix users' access to Windows?

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 13:40:55 CET 2014

On 9 November 2014 12:28, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> For automated scripting from a *nix host, it's also worth noting that
> Ansible supports remote control of Windows systems, and the underlying
> Python libraries for that connectivity are also open source (they talk to
> the native Windows remote control interfaces, so they don't need anything
> special on the target system).

I would *love* to be able to set up something like that (I believe
Salt has Windows support as well - I hadn't realised Ansible did). But
that would involve me learning a big chunk of Unix sysop stuff, as
well as having a number of machines to play with. Not enough hours in
the day, unfortunately.

Paul